On December 3rd, after months of preparation, our team gathered for the first time to host Koombea Conf, an internal initiative aimed to share knowledge and expertise among peers. We worked tirelessly to put together a truly impactful event that adds value, internally this year, but soon to an outside audience as well.
With this initiative, spearheaded by Andres Rojas, Sr. Front-End Web Developer, we aimed to provide a unique and enriching experience, where attendees could have a good time, learn, and meet others with whom to share ideas with.
In Rojas’ opinion, “Koombea Conf is for everyone; for engineers, designers, sales people, marketers, CEOs, and anyone else that feels passionate about building software products and providing incredible experiences to final users. Ultimately, Koombea Conf should be a small reflection of what Koombea is: love, dedication and a ton of effort.”
For its first edition, the event brought together speakers from different areas of the company with a wide variety of interests.
- Jonathan Tarud, CEO: Keynote presentation.
- Andres Silva, Mobile Developer: “How to scale a product from zero to a hundred million users.”
- Moises Narvaez, Project Manager & FullStack Developer: “How to deliver a project with a 150% advance.”
- Jose Gomez, Operations Director: “Vim, Bash and SSH Tips.”
- Carlos Lopez, Sr. Mobile Developer: “Swift for back-end: A new generation of full stack languages?”
- Luis Hernandez, UI/UX Designer: “UI vs UX?”
For Nelson Bolivar, a Mobile Developer in attendance, this event provided a great learning opportunity:
“I had a very good experience. I think this kind of event is great to better understand what others in the industry are working on and how they are making things happen.”
After such a successful experience, we look forward to further contribute to the community by opening Koombea Conf to the public in the coming years.