Are you looking for the best Shopify dropshipping app? The dropshipping model is one of the most popular ways to start an eCommerce business, and the Shopify platform is one of the most comprehensive tools for online retail.
There are several dropshipping apps available on the Shopify store. However, not all Shopify dropshipping apps are created equal. If you are interested in operating a dropshipping business on Shopify, you must choose a dropshipping app from the Shopify app store to power your business.
Dropshipping apps help your online store source and ship quality products to your customers. Plus, they can offer a wide range of additional capabilities too. This post will highlight the best Shopify dropshipping apps and explore the top features of each so that you can decide which dropshipping app is the best fit for your Shopify store.
The Best Shopify Dropshipping Apps
There are several popular dropshipping apps available on Shopify. As a Shopify Plus Partner, we have a lot of experience with Shopify apps. This list of dropshipping apps is not comprehensive, but these are some of the best Shopify dropshipping apps available on the Shopify app store:
Oberlo is one of the most popular dropshipping apps on the Shopify app store. It grants online stores access to suppliers on two of the largest online marketplaces, Oberlo and AliExpress. With Oberlo powering your dropshipping store, you can quickly and easily add products to your Shopify store and place orders with multiple suppliers.
In addition, Oberlo also offers comprehensive customer support 24/7. Whenever you have an issue, Oberlo’s support team is available to help you solve it. With Oberlo, your eCommerce business can also process bulk orders. The one downside that many online stores experience with Oberlo is slow sync times with AliExpress and difficulties with AliExpress suppliers.
When your eCommerce business chooses Oberlo, there are several pricing tiers, including a free plan for dropshippers that list less than 500 items. The highest tier costs around 80 dollars per month, and it allows businesses to list up to 30,000 items. In addition, subscribers at the highest tier also get access to multiple users and advanced features.
Some of the most popular features Oberlo provides at every tier include:
- Bulk ordering – Your eCommerce business can fulfill multiple orders with one click.
- Edit listings – Customize your product listings by editing the title, description, or images.
- Shipment tracking – Track your orders at every stage of the delivery process from supplier to customer.
- Supplier updates – Don’t be surprised if prices or inventory levels change on your supplier’s end. Oberlo automatically updates you on all changes.
Oberlo is one of the best all-around dropshipping apps available on the Shopify app store. If you want a Shopify dropshipping app that offers a massive selection of items, is easy to use, and offers world-class customer support 24/7, Oberlo is the best dropshipping app for your online store.
The AliExpress dropshipping app gives online stores access to one of the world’s largest supplier marketplaces. This dropshipping app gives your eCommerce business an easy way to import items from AliExpress to your Shopify Store. There are even semi-automated ordering processes that can be configured to simplify product ordering further. In addition, AliExpress also offers a Chrome extension that allows users to import products and edit product listing information as they browse.
AliExpress is noted for offering good customer support, but there are no free plan offers. Plus, the chief complaints about AliExpress are the slow fulfillment times from suppliers and the outdated interface of the platform.
That being said, AliExpress offers competitive pricing. The cheapest plan is five dollars a month and allows dropshipping stores to list 5,000 items from AliExpress, Banggood, Trendsgal, and Gearbest. At the highest tier, for 40 dollars a month, your dropshipping store can list 40,000 products and import items from Amazon, eBay, Target, Walmart, and more.
AliExpress’s most popular features include:
- Automatic updates – As your suppliers’ inventory and pricing change, the pricing and inventory on your Shopify store are updated daily.
- Chrome extension – A popular way to simplify product imports while browsing the AliExpress marketplace.
- Pricing Rules – Set your own pricing rules by product, supplier, and bulk order.
AliExpress is an excellent dropshipping app for those that want easy access to the AliExpress marketplace and many other suppliers. While the price point is great, many users complain about fulfillment times and the overall User Interface of the product. On the other hand, AliExpress offers excellent customer support and many suppliers.
Spocket is one of the most interesting dropshipping apps on the Shopify app store. Spocket is a dropshipping marketplace that focuses on quality products. Every supplier on the Spocket marketplace is thoroughly vetted before they are granted access. So what does this mean for your eCommerce business? On Spocket, you will find great products that ship quickly.
All of Spocket’s suppliers are located in North America or Europe. Additionally, Spocket negotiates with their suppliers to offer their customers discounts. Unfortunately, while Spocket provides high-quality products and fast fulfillment times for your dropshipping business, they don’t offer a free plan or customer support.
The cheapest plans on Spocket are 19 dollars a month, and they allow your dropshipping store to list 25 items. At the highest price point of 299 dollars a month, your dropshipping store can list unlimited products and access premium support features.
The best features offered by Spocket are:
- Rapid order processing – Customer information automatically imports to your fulfillment page so orders can be sent to suppliers with just a couple of clicks.
- Product discounts – Spocket requires suppliers to provide their customers with a minimum 25% discount on all products.
- Custom invoices – Brand your invoices with the company logo and other creative assets.
- Inventory updates – As inventory levels change on the supply end, the changes are automatically reflected in your Shopify store.
Spocket is pricier than the previously covered options, but they offer unmatched product quality and fulfillment times. In addition, all suppliers are fully vetted, and discounts are guaranteed.
Modalyst is a lot like Spocket in that they carefully vet all suppliers and work primarily with suppliers located in the United States to ensure fast shipping times. The Modalyst marketplace is mainly for fashion dropshipping, but other items are available, such as electronics, home goods, and beauty products.
Modalyst also requires suppliers to follow a flat-rate shipping policy or offer free shipping on their products. So if your eCommerce business is concerned with controlling costs and offering your customers high-quality products, Modalyst gives you more clarity on costs.
The downside to Modalyst is that communicating with suppliers can be difficult, and sometimes suppliers disappear from the platform with little to no notice. Modalyst does offer a free plan, but it only allows online stores to list 25 items from their non-premium suppliers, and stores must pay a 5% transaction fee. Modalyst paid plans also charge a 5% transaction fee, but paid plans give users access to premium suppliers.
Modalyst’s top features include:
- Simple product adds – Add products to your Shopify store with one click.
- Products update in real-time – As changes occur on your suppliers’ products, they are updated on your online store in real-time.
- In-depth shipment tracking – Modalyst provides tracking links and other detailed tracking information so you and your customers can track products from initial purchase to delivery.
Modalyst can be a little pricey, but this is the best dropshipping app for your Shopify store if you are interested in fashion dropshipping.
Does your business want to sell unique designs on apparel and other items? Printful is a dropshipping service that allows eCommerce businesses to create their own designs for a wide range of items and sell them directly in their store. Your eCommerce business does not have to worry about bulk ordering designs or apparel. Every order is printed as it is ordered.
Printful fulfills orders in the United States, Mexico, and Europe, so orders in these regions are fulfilled quickly. Furthermore, Printful does not charge any monthly fees to use the service. Instead, businesses only pay the cost of the product, printing, shipping, and taxes. In addition, Printful includes all pricing in the product price, so your eCommerce business can see how much each item costs and where it needs to be priced to earn a profit.
Top features of Printful include:
- Warehouse popular products – Do you have a design that is consistently ordered? Printful has a warehouse option that allows you to pre-print designs and store them in their warehouse to create faster fulfillment times.
- Large selection of products – Print your designs on t-shirts, coffee mugs, pillows, and so much more.
- Discounted shipping rates – Printful has negotiated discounts with UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
If you have your own product designs that you want to sell on various items, Printful is the best dropshipping app for your needs.
Spreadr is slightly different from all of the other Shopify dropshipping apps we have discussed so far. Spreadr allows your business to import products from Amazon and sell them on your Shopify store, and it will enable your business to earn revenue through Amazon’s affiliate program.
Amazon’s affiliate program gives your business a commission for every product your online store successfully markets. However, you don’t just earn a commission for sales; you also earn commissions for clicks. So does Spreadr sound too good to be true? While this dropshipping app is excellent, you cannot fill an entire website with these products or dropship Amazon Prime items.
You have to qualify to use Spreadr, and to do that, you must have a website full of original digital content or products. There is a free plan for Spreadr, but you have to qualify to use it. Paid plans range from 5 to 60 dollars a month, and all paid plans offer unlimited product imports.
Top features of Spreadr:
- Additional earning potential – Earn up to 10% commission on certain products.
- The power of Amazon – Dropship from Amazon, but this excludes Prime products.
- Bulk import – Import up to 2,000 Amazon items to your Shopify store at once.
Spreadr offers a great way to generate extra revenue. However, you can’t use Spreadr for 100% dropshipping. If the dropshipping model is your entire business plan, you will be better served with other dropshipping apps.
Dropshipping is a great way to start an eCommerce business. If you need help developing a mobile app, require project management guidance, or want advice from a Shopify Plus Partner, reach out to an app development partner. An experienced app development partner will be able to help you find and implement the right Shopify dropshipping app.