It’s been said that by failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. This statement applies just as much to app development as it does to everyday life.
Building a new software product without a proper plan in place can hurt your business tremendously. At Koombea, we put as much focus and attention into our clients’ plans as we do development.
Planning ahead by creating a prototype is a vital stage for your project, no matter its scale. Plus, it will help to speed up the creation of your mobile application in the long run.
In this article, we’ll explain the benefits of rapid app prototyping.
What is Rapid App Prototyping?
The term “rapid app prototyping” refers to the creation of a completely new, comprehensive model of a software product in the fastest way possible.
Yes, the concept is fairly easy to understand, but too many companies neglect to use this approach to support their business efforts. That being said, some of today’s leading industry giants like Apple rely on prototypes when launching new products (see recent news about the iPhone prototype).
It’s not surprising that software app development requires careful consideration before taking certain actions. Creating an app prototype gives you and a project team a full-grown graphical image of the product, so everyone knows the required milestones and work directions.
But let’s get back to the “rapid” concept.
If your company requires a fast delivery, effective usage of time should be your top priority. That’s why it’s extremely helpful to collaborate with professionals who respect your priorities, and work alongside you to hit your goals.
The Benefits of Rapid Mobile App Prototyping
High-fidelity prototyping is surely more time-consuming, but a quickly growing market requires rapid decisions from all types of specialists.
A good mobile development partner should be able to offer you an initial prototype in a very short period of time.
Additionally, rapid app prototyping will benefit your business in the following ways:
- Your product idea will be validated at the earliest stages of work.
- Since your idea will be validated, the time and money necessary for the following development processes will be reduced.
- With a detailed prototype, you can define project requirements. Thanks to that, a manager can make a list of risks and decrease the number of changes in the product when it is being built.
- You’ll be able to gather feedback from potential users at the earliest stages of product development. This type of insight is the most valuable for your project’s success.
It all sounds rather exciting, doesn’t it?
Now, you’re probably wondering how development companies speed up the initiation stage of the project and create high-fidelity prototypes. We’re ready to share some secrets.
If you’re considering building an app prototype, or need an MVP, be sure to check out the following resources:
- 10 Strategies for a Successful App Pre-Launch
- App Development Costs: What Should You Expect?
- 6 Questions to Ask Before Building an App
Want to discuss your next app development project? Koombea has a team of qualified experts that will help you build and deploy a solution to improve user experiences, and ultimately boost your bottom line. Contact us today!